Policies & Guidelines
The Goochland Drive-In Theater is a family-oriented establishment that believes in safe and wholesome entertainment. In order to preserve the integrity of the drive-in, the following rules are strictly enforced. Sorry if some of these sound a little harsh, but we want to ensure the drive-in is fun and safe for everyone every time. If you feel that you cannot follow these guidelines, please do not visit. Failure to comply - on any level - will result in the immediate expulsion from the drive-in without refund.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOL or ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES allowed on the property...so do not try to bring them in. There are no further warnings, Goochland County Sheriff's Department will be immediately notified.
- Kindness and Common Sense prevail. Please be respectful to patrons, staff, and the land.
- No outside food/beverages are allowed on premises, exceptions are made for birthday cakes and baby food.
- No coolers
- Smoking is permitted ONLY in the designated smoking area located directly behind the Snack Bar.
- Help preserve the natural beauty of the site -- we give plastic bags for your trash as you enter the drive-in; and there are trash receptacles at the end of each row.
- Please turn off your engine and all lights once parked -- no idling.
- Quiet, well-behaved pets on leashes are always welcome.
- Keep chairs & blankets between your vehicle and the screen, do not set-up in the parking spot next to you.
- Sorry, no "saving spaces"
- Tall vehicles must park in designated areas only. Our staff will help direct you once you enter. This greatly reduces viewing obstructions to smaller vehicles. Don't worry, we have a HUGE screen so you'll have a great view from anywhere.
- Please keep voices, cell phones and radio sound down as to not disturb other patrons.
- Hatches cannot be raised above the vehicle's roofline as this obstructs the view of the patrons behind you - if you need twine to tether yours down, please let us know & we will provide it free of charge.
- Do not allow people or things to sit on top of your vehicle --- this obstructs the view of the patrons behind you as well as increases the risk for accidents.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Children should be supervised at all times - even on the playground - do not let them roam alone.
- The playground area is for kids 12 and under. We also have an adjacent play area for kids under 4. Once the show starts, the playground is closed for the evening.
- Audio or video recording of the images on screen is a federal crime and subject to fines and/or prison.
NOTE: SECURITY PERSONNEL ARE ON-SITE & SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS ARE IN USE 24 HRS A DAY